PATIENT RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- The care a patient receives depends partially on the patient himself. Therefore, in addition to these rights, a patient has certain responsibilities as well. These responsibilities should be presented to the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect:
- The patient has the responsibility to provide accurate and complete information concerning his/her present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to his/her
- The patient is responsible for reporting perceived risks in his or her care and unexpected changes in his/her condition to the responsible
- The patient and family are responsible for asking questions when they do not understand what they have been told about the patient’s care or what they are expected to
- The patient is responsible for following the plan of care established by his/her physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals as they carry out the physician’s orders.
- The patient is responsible for keeping appointments and for notifying the Hospital or physician when he/she is unable to do
- Accepting the consequences of failing to follow the recommended course of treatment or using other
- Respecting the hospital property and that of other
- The patient is responsible for following Hospital rules and regulations concerning patient care and
- The patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his/her Hospital care are fulfilled as promptly as
COMPLAINTS: If you have a complaint involving Methodist Southlake Hospital and want to speak to someone directly, please contact our Department of Patient Excellence by calling 817.865.4540 or writing a correspondence, sending it directly to the Methodist Southlake Hospital, 421 East Highway 114, Southlake, TX 76092. If you have a complaint against this hospital and wish to speak with someone not directly employed by the hospital, please contact the Agency for Health Care Administration by writing to Texas Department of State Health Services, Health Facility Compliance Division, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756 or call 1-888-973-0022.